I used to drink a little coffee with my coffee creamer.
It was bad…lots of creamer, a packet of sweetener, and a splash of coffee for fun. ;)
When I started reading ingredient labels more closely a couple years ago, I realized how many things were in my coffee creamer that I was unfamiliar with. Things I couldn’t pronounce, that I knew probably weren’t very good for me.
So, I switched to Natural Bliss creamer, which is a small list of ingredients – milk, cream, sugar, and natural flavor. It was a pretty easy switch and I’ve learned to love it.
Then, one morning we ran out of creamer. At first I thought the world was going to end…what was I going to do?? I relied on my creamer every morning and ‘can’t’ drink coffee without it.
Well, I came up with my own mix of ingredients, blended them into my coffee, and guess what? It was pretty darn good! It blended into a creamy, frothy, latte-like drink that I was very pleasantly surprised with, for my first try. ;)
What did I use?
1. 1 tsp coconut oil – the more you use, the frothier it will be. I would recommend starting with 1 tsp, and adding more if you prefer.
2. 1 tsp pure maple syrup – make sure it’s 100% pure, without any added ingredients. A little goes a long way with this.
3. If you don’t have pure maple syrup, or don’t care for the taste of it, pure raw honey would also be delicious!
4. Cinnamon – a dash is all I needed, but if you love cinnamon go ahead and sprinkle a little more in. Other great options are pumpkin pie spice, or your own blend of nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
5. 2 Tbsp almond milk – any type of milk would work well, I used what we had in our fridge.
Place all ingredients into a blender, along with 8 oz of hot brewed coffee and blend until frothy. Be careful when blending – it will be hot! ;)
Interested in learning more about clean eating? Fill out the form below to subscribe and receive a free pdf download of my Clean Eating Basics checklist!