(This post contains affiliate links)
Are you a mood reader? I am - which usually means during the summer I'm looking for quick, "lighter" books that I can sit down with and fly through.
Here are 5 of my favorite books that are perfect for summer reading:
1. Sunburn by Laura Lippman - I have to be honest and admit that the title and cover of this book are what initially drew me in. It's so perfect for summer! I loved this spicy story about 2 people who meet at a bar - each with their own story and past, but neither knowing anything about the other. I flew through this book, always wanting to know more.
2. Cocoa Beach by Beatriz Williams - If this cover doesn't scream "perfect summer book", I don't know what does. Everything about this book feels perfect for summer reading - a story set in Cocoa Beach, Florida during Prohibition, a scandal involving a house fire and the death of Simon Fitzwilliam. This book is the perfect blend of historical fiction, mystery and escape.
3. Castle of Water by Dane Huckelbridge - I read this book last summer, but still think about it almost a year later. Two people stranded on a deserted island, with nothing to eat but bananas and fish...you might think of Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway, but this book is so much more than that. It tells the story of what 2 people will do to survive in a situation like that, while also weaving together pieces of their past and glimpses of the future.
4. The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory - A story of two people who are stuck in an elevator and then agree to go to a wedding together, as a fake couple...what could be juicier than that? This book was the perfect summer romance, and I loved every minute of it.
5. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen - Although this is not necessarily a "light" book, it's such an intriguing story that I flew through it in a couple days. There are so many twists and turns in this book that it's hard to say anything without giving something away. This is one of those books where you have to read it to experience the story for yourself.
What are some of your favorite beach reads? I'd love to hear them below!
Thanks for reading! Pam
Join our Book Club!
Join Apostrophe S Coffee Chat, our online book community, to read together, connect with others, and get more out of your reading experience.